Wednesday 19 December 2012

Create Lasting Memories With Music





Christmas Music.

You either Love it or hate it.






I happen to love most of it. Why? because of the memories it recreates for me, childhood memories of singing in a choir, the Charlie Brown Christmas show, playing church services, orchestra gigs, and of course playing Christmas music in my home while I carry out all my Christmas activities. Baking, making ornaments with the kids, our annual gingerbread house, wrapping gifts. I do all of this while listening to may holiday favorites. 



So here are my favorite Christmas Albums of all time.

Not because they are the greatest singers or musicians of all time-while some of them are, I choose these for the memories they create, and I hope they will create wonderful memories for you too.

1.) The Carpenters Christmas Collection 
2.) Boney M Christmas Album
3.) A Charlie Brown Christmas
4.) Michael Buble, Christmas, Deluxe Version-AMAZING BACK UP BAND. 
5.) All the oldies, Sinatra, Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, Harry Belafonte, Elvis. Pick your favorite singer-they've got a Christmas album.
6.) Gotta add the Dreidel Song and O Hannukah as my two non-traditonal tunes, but would love to have more on my collection.

I recently played a Chistmas Service and I was so amazed at the Choir director's choice of music, he chose music from across the globe and it made the program. Thank-you John Leek!

So there really is something for everyone. If Christmas isn't your tradition. What do you listen to? I'd love to add music from other traditions to my collection.


Happy Holidays to everyone and may your homes and your hearts be filled with music!!

No comments:

Post a Comment